Browser Extensions

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
Hi Forum.
Bk_123 once made a thread about Browser Extensions. i though it was a good thread. It gave me 2 new chrome extensions.
Unfortunately not many different members participated.

So here it is again. Share your extensions.

I use:
  • Adblock (remove advertisements)
  • Hover Zoom (Make thumbnails bigger by hovering over them)
  • Select and Speak (read out loud selected text)
  • Google dictionary (double click on a word to get a definition)
  • Auto HD for youtube (forces a video to start in HD (if available) before the video even begin)
  • YouTube Centered (Center align youtube's layout)

All is Google chrome extentions

Last edited:
I have three ATM:
  • Allow Right-Click
  • PageRank Status
  • Poper Blocker

Used to have extensions for Gmail and g+, but recently Google has been busy updating product interfaces, and y'all know what updates do to extensions... :)

I'm using Chrome with a ton of extensions.

PDF Convert
Adblock Plus
Email This Page
Avast Web-Rep
Ebates Cash Back
Quick Bookmarks

Just throwing this out there... when you install Browser Extensions, you give them access to every key stroke inside that program.... just sayin.

Sadly, this pic applies to more than just facebook.
facebookandyou.jpg

Last edited:
unnecessarily reply.
no plugins will ever care about what you are doing (unless you have downloaded some kind of spyware)
if you only download from the chrome store, you should be 99.5% safe
so nothing to fear. i am simply asking for new ideas. i am starting to use more plugins then only then addblocker.

no plugins will ever care about what you are doing (unless you have downloaded some kind of spyware)

I picked a completely random plugin from the store and here's the prompt I got:

Untitled_zps28d534a9.png

Notice *.facebook.com....? That means everything, even the secure stuff.

Now, if it were only to be used in the event a facebook ad is displayed, why does it want access to the rest of my browsing activity?

Bud, I work in big data... there's big money in data on people, and everyone is cashing in.

Edit: The company I work for is a "top 100" internet retailer with over 50 million customer records. It's sick how many companies approach us wanting to buy that information and I only hear about it when we sell it... We are all for sale. On almost every site you visit and with almost everything you type or click... you're being aggregated and sold.

Edit2: Get a subscription to Google Analytics (yeah it's a little cost prohibitive)... you'd be amazed what they know about you.

Last edited:
I consider all of them spyware or malware. When I get handed some one's computer one of the high priority items is to get rid of the toolbars and the browser add-ons. Some are harmless helpers but the ones I see are tools of the bad guys.

As in anything you do with your computer online, exercise caution. Don't grab a add-on cause it's cute and flashy. Get it because it really serves a purpose. Even then it might be a good idea to keep an eye on it.

Here's a simple test to prove me point.

Open a command prompt and run 'netstat -a', mark and export.

Under the same operating conditions but now with browser add-ons, do the same test, see what other IP's pop up on that list. More interesting, run some 'whois' look-up's and see where your data is going.

Back
Top Bottom