Both computers messed up the date

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
Easy fix, but it was strange to see. It was the 23rd yesterday, and both the desktop and laptop said that it was still the 23rd today.
Time and month are both correct.

Anyone else have this issue? What could have caused it? (It never hurts to troubleshoot for possible future problems...)

Well, lets just hope that it does not happen again. I would hate to write a script to keep the date correct. An extra process would be somthing that I would rather not do...

Hmm, time zone? out by 12 hours so carrying over the date for 12 hours of the day?

Also, check your router. Some routers act as a time server, and you PC may be using this, but it's not something I've ever looked into in any depth.

Even if it where my router, I am basicly locked out of the advanced settings by suddenlink. They do not trust their customers.

Tried syncing with alternative time server? Also I maybe wrong on this one but anywho tried resetting the CMOS battery?

How do you reset the CMOS battery? I didnt even know that was a thing. :confused:
Posting here again because it freaking happened again, only in this case it was the time. Both machines. Again! :facepalm:

Both machines? I'd guess it's not the CMOS because it would be a huge coincidence if both PC's CMOS batteries died at the same time!

Check the timezones are correct by searching for "date and time" in the Windows start menu search function. Then go to the "Internet Time" tab and synchronise the date and time. What server are they synchronising with?

Back
Top Bottom