Boot up problem?

SackamanjaroX

Baseband Member
So I recently build a new computer;
Processor- intel core i5 2500k
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z68X UD3H B3
Video card - Radeon HD 7750
Memory - 6Gb (Corsair Dominator I think?)
Hard Drive - 1Tb (forgot what brand it was but it was used if that helps)
Case - Cooler Master HAF 912
Optical Drive - Some cheap gear head cd/dvd drive.
So I was new to building computers when I built it (and still am XD). The problem is when I shut the computer down it shuts down fine, but when I boot it up it says that it shut down unexpectedly and asks if I want to start it up in safe mode. But I click the start normally and it boots up fine. Also a couple of times when I turn it on, it gets the blue screen of death and then continues with what I explained before and is fine after all that. I'm wondering what I need to do to fix this. Is this a software problem or did I assemble something wrong? Because I probly did either way.
PS my optical drive isnt recognized by my computer, not a big problem so far as I haven't needed to use it but I still would like it to work. I checked device manager ect. I think I just plugged the SATA cable in wrong but if there's another answer I would love to hear it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't really know what to classify the first problem because I don't know what's causing it. Well anyway Thanks in advance!

Nah, It's all good. For some reason it didn't automatically close steam when I shut it down and that somehow caused it to shut down unexpectedly. As long as I exit Steam before I turn it off it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom