Bookmarks - am-deadlink.

John Bull

In Runtime
I have 850 bookmarks on Firefox and 650 on IE. There is no way I know how to manage all these without help. I have to take pot luck when finding them and sorting is a waste of time. It is all kind of messy.

There are over time, many duplicates, cancelled, erroneous and redirected items, but again it is impossible to find these errors manually.

This tiny stand alone program AM-DeadLink is a wonderful tool to at least try to manage them :-
http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm
It does a very good job.

Deletion of duplicates is just a click away. Deletion by selection the same - just click the selected items keeping CNTRL pressed down, this enables a multiple delete.
Errors can be found at a click and sorted to the top of the list, then deleted. All in all, this small program is extremely versatile.

All checking results are highlighted.

Just be careful and visually check the list to see if there are any marked items shown that obviously should not be and omit them. It is all very easy and quick. IE deletions are saved to the Recycle Bin, but other browser deletions are GONE for ever. IMPORTANT ! Do not delete duplicates that are shown on the Bookmarks toolbar header, top of the screen.

I post this for the benefit of viewers that do not know of AM-DeadLink - there may well be other similar programs, take your pick, I`ll stick with AM-DeadLink.

John B

Back
Top Bottom