Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Bluetooth Dialup Ubuntu 64bit

Ive sort have a problem with tethering my mobile phone. In Ubuntu 10.10 the basic bluetooth connection would ask me if I want to use it as a modem to connect to the internet. Now that I've upgraded the software to 11.04 it doesn't ask, the page just stays at the pin request. So I found a nice tutorial Use your mobile phone as Bluetooth Modem, and everything worked except that I cannot see the name of my mobile phone on the network manager. This is my first attempt and in the guide they mentioned and that they've tethered the device with a USB prior to the bluetooth connection.

I am unsure that connecting the USB would have helped since I dont have one at the moment. But in the meantime is it possible to just tether bluetooth alone without the need to connect the USB on the first go? Also if you can give instruction or link to a web tutorial that would be great, ive googled a few but the process seems really long and I find it difficult so if theres a low to medium difficulty I would try to learn a few things.

Cheers

Old 07-26-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Bluetooth Dialup Ubuntu 64bit

Ive seem to have resolved this my bluetooth dial up now works, i just took out blueman and it went all good.