Bluetooth device working on Windows 10 but not 7

Legodude522

Daemon Poster
I'm stumped. I recently got new hearing aids with an accessory that allows me to turn them into a stereo Bluetooth headset. I can connect it to my Windows 10 laptop and it works without a hitch. On my Windows 7 gaming PC, I can get it to pair but it will not connect successfully. I have contacted technical support and they said this is a known issue and they do not know of a workaround. Has anyone experience this type of problem before and found a solution?

This is the error message I get on Windows 7.

bt_error.png

Excerpts from my email with technical support.

The hearing aids are not able to pair directly with general Bluetooth devices. You will need to use the Unite Phone Clip+ as an intermediary device. This will allow connectivity for audio and media streaming from most Bluetooth enabled devices. If you are interested in the Unite Phone Clip+, I would encourage you to speak with your hearing care professional.

I will mention, that we have seen some issues with the Unite Phone Clip+ and Windows 7 specifically. All other version seem to pair and stream fine, but Windows 7 has sometimes connected but not allowed streaming.

Unfortunately, I have not found anything that may help with this. As I do not have a machine running 7, it is harder for me to find a solution. I am limited to Google searches and conversations with other employees. I will continue to look and send anything I find over, if it looks to be helpful.

I'm using an ASUS USB-BT400 Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (and ASUS supplied drivers) with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Huzzah! Installing the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack did the trick! If it asks for pin, typing in 0000 seems to do the trick. I will relay this information to their technical support engineers.

There are multiple mirrors but I downloaded it here. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Remote-Utils/Toshiba-Bluetooth-Stack.shtml

Additional information for those Googling...
ReSound LiNX2 hearing aids with the ReSound Phone Clip+ accessory.

BT%20working%20in%20Windows%207.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom