Blue screening - i need help please

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
While we wait for a error code, you should try a system restore.
Open up Metro/modern UI. (You know that screen with all the big squared icons) and search for it. It should pup up as the first option.
In case it doesn't. search CMD and open it. The type in rstrui.exe.
select the option "chose a different restore point" and select the 2 days before the problem started. If you can't see it, hit the checkbox "show more options".

If it's a software problem this will most likely fix it.

I hope it does. If it doesn't, we can try the software "who crashed" as Donetao suggested.

Maybe try a few more things, but in the end we might have to do a reinstall (which is very easy on Windows 8).
But before it comes to that, you should check your RAM and HDD for errors. No point in reinstalling if it's a hardware problem.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm not a W8 user. I'm sure Bicker will get your problem solved. Good idea to check the hardware first. That's what I would suggest also. Your make and model may have a way to check your Ram and HDD. Would help if you posted make and model next time.
Here's a good read about drivers which are a major cause of BSOD. I would seriously consider up dating your graphics driver at some time time after testing your hardware.
HTG Explains: When Do You Need to Update Your Drivers?
PS Sorry I missed make and model. Here's your owners user guild!
http://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/handbuch_details.php?did=12625

Last edited:
Hi You can do a SMART test of your HDD !
To do a quick S.M.A.R.T. check without installing any third-party software, you can use a few commands included with Windows. First, open a Command Prompt window. (Press the Windows key, type Command Prompt, and press Enter.)
In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
wmic
diskdrive get status

If everything is working properly, you should see the status OK displayed. Other statuses can indicate problems or errors retrieving S.M.A.R.T. information.

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Teamwork are the way towards solutions. So you are not stepping on anyone.
OK friend! Thank you! I'm glad to here that! I think a update of the graphics driver and Who crashed would be good next, if the hardware tests good.
What do you think? I'm worried that I may have ran the OP off because he's not replying.:facepalm:
PS would be nice if the OP gave us a update of his status!! LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom