Blank monitor

kemperhills1

Solid State Member
I have been having some of the strangest, at least for me, problems lately.

Here's the present problem. I updated the motherboard in a desktop to an FM-A55M-E33 board running W10 Pro, V. 1903. I installed W10 and everything was fine. I updated the computer to the latest version and now when the desktop is booted everything works fine until it boots past the BIOS screen then there is an “explosion” of color on the monitor and then the screen goes black.

I can connect the desktop to another monitor and everything works fine. I can connect the black screen to another desktop and everything works fine. But when I connect the black screen to the FM “desktop” after BIOS I get the “explosion” of color and the screen goes black. Any ideas.

Have you tried the settings on the monitor?

I have. I was set at 1366 x768 and I tried 1280 x 720[the lowest resolution the monitor supports] and the two setting between. Thanks for the reply.

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post was that I was updating the computer to version 1903 and when I came back the screen was black.

Sorry for my bad understanding of English, but are you now getting a black screen in Windows 10 and cannot see anything?

By updating the motherboard, do you mean you replaced it with a new one?

What was the last thing you did (update) before getting this problem?

If I understand right, it could be the video drivers Windows 10 got from the update. If the video card is dedicated, remove it and use the built-in video to remove the drivers of the dedicated card with DDU utility. Put the dedicated video card back and use its official drivers from the maker.

Back
Top Bottom