Bit of a noob question in regards to installing Windows

If it's Windows 7, most of the drivers will probably be found anyway (though definately grab the Network driver first - just in case)

I confirm it from my side. As long as you have the key, you can download any untouched Windows identical to yours, burn it on a DVD, then use the key with it. I did it on my HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. Then I went to HP's website for the drivers and found them all using the same model code. Easy.

HP can take their recovery system else where :)

If it is custom built, you only need to know the devices' names and brands and get their drivers from their websites. But before installing any drivers, make sure you install the motherboard's chipset's drivers. Very important to avoid possible compatibilities issues specially with video cards.

Don't worry about it, its easy.

Windows XP has many corporate key's scattered around so it is easy to get original copies. Not sure about its legality tho.

Lol, I like how you think, bro.

Anyways, you guys are such a big help!! I appreciate this so much!

Pretty busy today, not sure when I'm going to go ahead with this but hopefully it will be sometime this week..

Again, thanks so much to all of you!

Well, guys, it took a while but I finally did it. I think I was kind of worried but anyway, it's going good now. Formatting took like 3 hours, I think. And when I booted from the windows cd, absolutely fine. Right after choosing a custom installation, windows asks which partition to use. I take my fresh formatted 450Gb and they say that's all the information that they need right now

Big thanks to iPwn for that great link!

Back
Top Bottom