Big roxio problems

Amyc

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I'm at my wits end with my old dell Inspiron 6400. I use it now only for essay writing as the screen is nice and big. The last time I was on there I deleted lots of program's that I don't use iTunes, blackberry manager etc. yesterday when I turned it on a roxio installer kept coming on and it wouldn't go away it just keep starting and then got to a stage where it said it couldnt find the roxio media manager.msi or something (thats from memory!)I searched online and people said to do run and then msconfig. Well it wouldnt do that it was saying something about me not having administrative permissions (when I am the administrator) I tried task manager and that wouldnt come up either. Today I turned it on and msconfig doesn't even come up with an error message now it just doesn't do anything, task manager is non existent and the roxio piece of poo is just glitsching up every few seconds making it impossible to do a thing! I'm stressing out over it now and really need some guidance because I really don't know what I'm doing :( can anyone help please.

It is now just flashing up in a pattern of 2 flashes within a second then a gap of a second then repeated over and over and over.................. It is a windows installer box with a little computer icon with a disk and it says in the box preparing to install and it has a cancel button that's all and it's just flashing and flashing and is inhibiting me from doing ANYTHING :( please help

Try booting into safemode and running an anti-virus scan (with a program like malwarebytes). To boot into safe mode press F8 repeateadly during the BIOS screen (the bit just after you turn your computer on with a black screen and white writing).

Ok so I have done the malware bytes and I have a list of about 300 items found :s what do I do now?

The task manager and msconfig are now coming up when I prompt them to. But the windows installer is still flashing up. I have taken it upon myself to do another scan just to check they have all disappeared because I simply need this sorted out. the flashing up message halts everything so I am running the scan in safe mode again.

A quick update on full scan number 2 and I am around 90,000 scanned and 32 objects detected. (Dispite the removal of all 300 or so objects after scan number 1)

I can't help but think I'm going crazy here!

Ok so 2nd full scan in safe mode bought up 32 "objects" I got rid of those.

I re ran another full scan in safe mode and came up with 0 (hooray I thought until)

I restarted it and did a quick scan in normal mode and that is currently scanning and it is at 14 detected "objects"

How is that even possible?

Plus this stupid windows installer is still flashing up!

I think something that isnt being detected is infecting files at the moment cant think of anything, I wl think about it and post somethin tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom