Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 07:04 AM   #11
Beta Member

Send a message via ICQ to bosbo
Thumbs up

Windows XP is by far the best OS Microsoft has released to date, (although Longhorn will be 10 times Better)

If anyone has problems with the activation on XP let me know and I will send you a copy of the gold code which does not require activation.

Granted XP had problems, but we (programmers at Microsoft have worked them out).

Old 06-01-2003, 07:42 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally posted by bosbo
Windows XP is by far the best OS Microsoft has released to date, (although Longhorn will be 10 times Better)

If anyone has problems with the activation on XP let me know and I will send you a copy of the gold code which does not require activation.

Granted XP had problems, but we (programmers at Microsoft have worked them out).
Can you send me a contact email for this.
Quote:
but we (programmers at Microsoft have worked them out)
Realy, What do you specialize in?

Old 06-01-2003, 10:25 AM   #13
Beta Member

Send a message via ICQ to bosbo
Default XP

Fluent in many popular micro, mini, and mainframe computer machine/assembly languages including: 6502, 8080, Z80, 8088, 8086, 80286, 80386, 68000, 32000, COPS-400, TMS 1000, Nova, PDP-8, PDP-10, PDP-11, VAX 11/780, Interdata 7/16 & 7/32, and also with several higher-level languages including BASIC, C, PASCAL, MODULA, FORTH, ALGOL, FORTRAN, LISP and SMALLTALK.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:28 AM   #14
Site Team

Very impressive!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:45 AM   #15
Beta Member

bosbo, you identify yourself as a Microsoft programmer, yet you don't mention C++, C# or Java? Geez... Any programmer will know what I'm thinking now...
Old 06-10-2003, 05:57 PM   #16

Default Re: XP

Quote:
Originally posted by bosbo
Fluent in many popular micro, mini, and mainframe computer machine/assembly languages including: 6502, 8080, Z80, 8088, 8086, 80286, 80386, 68000, 32000, COPS-400, TMS 1000, Nova, PDP-8, PDP-10, PDP-11, VAX 11/780, Interdata 7/16 & 7/32, and also with several higher-level languages including BASIC, C, PASCAL, MODULA, FORTH, ALGOL, FORTRAN, LISP and SMALLTALK.

^^^ And that post has to do with this XP topic somehow ? ^^^

I am so happy to hear someone know's their assembly ...
Well.. If he ever comes back around and is familiar with assembly.. we can have an indept conversation ...

**Waits impatiently for this discussion**

Sincerely
CourtneyDS
send($socket, $buf, 0, $portaddr) == length($buf) or die "Can't send: $!\n";
print "Now, '$host' must be dead : )\n";
Old 06-25-2003, 10:18 AM   #17
Solid State Member

Ha I noticed That He didnt Have Them HA HA lol
Old 11-07-2003, 10:52 PM   #18
Baseband Member

Default OS slow-down

I personally haven't had any trouble with XP as an OS, although I do question it's integrity and ability to handle and emulate programs to some degree. More recently I have found that my computer's reliability isn't as good as it once was, I don't blame that on XP. although the quick answer to that is to reformat, but why would someone want to reformat every 3-4 months?

My primary concern with XP is firstly it's pricing (in comparison to other OS's) and it's unfriendly attitude towards total configuration, optomization and grunt work etc. All aspects which have been heavily supported by Linux and Unix etc.

RC
Old 12-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #19
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to Shadow0fDeath Send a message via MSN to Shadow0fDeath
Default Re: Beware of WINDOWS XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon
I have had to format and re-install Windows XP multiple times. This time however, when I come to 'Activate Windows' I am told that this version has already been activated. WHF? I am a full paying customer that can't install my version of WINDOWS. I have now installed Linux and I am very impressed!!
BEWARE PEOPLE.
i use WindowsXP because i can connect it to the internet but mine was upgraded so when i had to reinstall i needed an older OS to upgrade from. So i had to find an older version of Windows(95 and older wouldn't work so i have to find 98-2000) andthat was hell

Linux i'm also very impressed with, and would love to connect to the internet to use it's full potential
Old 12-11-2003, 01:05 PM   #20
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Beware of WINDOWS XP!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow0fDeath
i use WindowsXP because i can connect it to the internet but mine was upgraded so when i had to reinstall i needed an older OS to upgrade from. So i had to find an older version of Windows(95 and older wouldn't work so i have to find 98-2000) andthat was hell

Linux i'm also very impressed with, and would love to connect to the internet to use it's full potential
What! You can't moan at that! You only paid for an Upgrade and you want a Full Version! What would you expect?