Best way to Fix a computer infected with, Virus,malware,spyware. Post your methods

vaironl

In Runtime
hello Guys just like you read in the topics i need methods that you guys use to scan for Virus, spywares and other stuff when a person gives you an infected computer. with no antivirus.

1st i got basic knowledge and i can fix some computers with minor virus problems, but when it's a virus that keeps the computer,internet , etc. slow i just chose the option to backup the person files and restore them. [ We all know this can be bad if the backup files are infected]

So i want too know what method should i use to fix computers without affecting mine in case i have to backup files etc.

Thanks guys

well, removing spyware and malware gets easier as programs get better.

on a usual day, malwarebytes' anti-malware coupled with Avast! or AVG free will clear out any infections. Even if it does sometimes take multiple scans.

and on the case of working with infected data, many technicians will have access or own a PC or Mac with an alternative OS installed on it. personally i have Ubuntu and Mac OS 10.6.6 to use, which are generally accepted to be immune to most things you would find on a PC hard drive.

there are probably better ways of doing things than my way, but i thought id put it out there.

well, removing spyware and malware gets easier as programs get better.

on a usual day, malwarebytes' anti-malware coupled with Avast! or AVG free will clear out any infections. Even if it does sometimes take multiple scans.

and on the case of working with infected data, many technicians will have access or own a PC or Mac with an alternative OS installed on it. personally i have Ubuntu and Mac OS 10.6.6 to use, which are generally accepted to be immune to most things you would find on a PC hard drive.

there are probably better ways of doing things than my way, but i thought id put it out there.

yea i have 2 Pc's (MINE)
and i fix friends PC for free, so im trying to learn that is almost as good as getting money.
What do you mean with Ubuntu I should remove the Computer im fixing hardrive and insert it into mine?

i have e-sata and the neccessary cabling on my rigs, so if a harddrive comes from a computer that is effed-beyond repair, i can usually save the hard drive by manually removing any viruses on there.

for example, when a virus gets into the registry and prevents boot.

i have e-sata and the neccessary cabling on my rigs, so if a harddrive comes from a computer that is effed-beyond repair, i can usually save the hard drive by manually removing any viruses on there.

for example, when a virus gets into the registry and prevents boot.

Very nice ill try to use this method in a way that benefits , thanks for Helping. I hope more people keep posting

Back
Top Bottom