The Best Blu-Ray Ripper ??

cetrax

Baseband Member
Hello and good day,
I was wondering what the best blu-ray ripper was and if there are any good free ones.

Thanks.

Not being nasty, but I believe it's against the policy of this website to do what you're proposing so this thread should be closed.

Last edited:
WHOA....wait a second,...hey cetrax, exactly what do you propose to do with this software?

Sorry. It is my understanding that it is perfectly LEGAL to rip to your hard drive a blu ray movie that you have purchased.

I have a Silent Hill Blu-Ray that did not come with digital copy so I would like to rip it to my hard drive to stream to my DLNA Blu-Ray players.

Quick question: Are we a Little judgemental here??

For what it's worth, a little Googling will give you a headache in short order. Laws are different all over the world. In some countries ripping a DVD to HDD is clearly legal as long as you own the original source disc. In other countries it is clearly illegal, whether you own the source disc or not.

Here in the United States, it is still unclear, per Wikipedia...
United States

U.S. copyright law (Title 17 of the United States Code) generally says that making a copy of an original work, if conducted without the consent of the copyright owner, is infringement. The law makes no explicit grant or denial of a right to make a "personal use" copy of another's copyrighted content on one's own digital media and devices. For example, space shifting, by making a copy of a personally-owned audio CD for transfer to an MP3 player for that person's personal use, is not explicitly allowed or forbidden.

All that interesting stuff aside, ....as regards the OP's original question, I personally don't know, since I've not used any Blu-Ray ripping software.

Back
Top Bottom