Beast PC or Mac Pro

for my money...

I'd go the PC route. not because of a visceral hatred of all things mac.

in my opinion the benefits stated above are kind of wrong.

there are viruses on macs, and plenty of them, those old adverts lied.

if anything I'd say that there is less support for Macs than PCs. if fact I have a friend who has recently purchased a Mac for running logic and pro tools, his point of view was as follows. he knew windows and there were hundreds of forums (like this one) where he could get help, he knew how to fix a lot of things and where to go to tweak that little setting to get what he wanted.
whilst his mac is "pretty" and broadly easy to use when you stay on the path that apple clearly want you to, using their flagship apps etc then it's great.
but try doing anything with a slightly older version of something, or try doing something slightly out of normal, and you very quickly find yourself isolated from mainstream support, and there are nowhere near as many user forums as there are for PCs.

I count the "more bang for your buck" issue very high on the list of reasons that you'd want to go the PC route.
why spend all that money on a "high end" mac when you'd build a similar "super high end" PC?

It's kind of right there is the title, it's not beastly mac vs beastly PC, It's beast PC vs mac pro...

Having said that, you'd really get a glorious open up a box and get going experience with building a PC. if you're only wasting your free time then no worries about building. but if you're going to spend a day building a PC then that's a day that you're not working!

For that money a PC IMO would considerably beat a Mac. And with Youtube videos you have have the pc up and running with windows installed and all drivers in 3 hours. And that's keeping in mind you need to follow the YouTube videos.

@OP,
Based on what you stated in your first post, it really doesnt matter. Windows is FAR more flexible (no biased opinion here, it really is), but both can preform, and both tend to have similar software for your needs.

Back
Top Bottom