Avast anti-virus has a browser!

Celery

Golden Master
It installed it in my PC today. It is a secure browser with lots of protection.

Pretty cool. I like it. Chrome is my default still. :cool:

Avast is a darn good proggie to use.

Yeah, I used to use Avast, but I always opted out of the browser.

I stopped using the antivirus because it's too complex. Too many settings to go through.

Why is it more secure than other browsers?

because of the built in features. I added extensions to my Chrome browser to make it secure.

It's not that hard to harden your browser. Browsers alone do half the job.

Privacy is the only real problem right now. There is no way to stay fully private and not break 90% of the websites you visit.

I think people become complacent. People read the blurb and think "oh yeah I'm secure." You are not. Bigger companies than us get hacked and I even think that anti-virus program writers put viri out there just to make you buy their products. I would never use Chrome for a browser or any antivirus other than what is on my computer. I don't like Edge one bit so I tend to use Firefox and Duckduckgo. If I get a virus, which I haven't to date in nearly 30 years of computing, I would just wipe my computer and start again. Second line of defence would be, if a wipe didn't work, stick a new hard drive in and re-install. Third line of defence buy a new computer. All my personal files are stored somewhere else 3 times. I'm not concerned about programs I have them on disk or saved in separate locations. I think that malware is the biggest problem today and I have had some nasty malware problems. It is a moot point as to whether malware is a virus. It can be as devastating as a virus BUT, and this is a big BUT, anti-virus programs do not deal with malware generally. Having said that my stratedgy is the same for malware as it is for viri.

Last edited:
Avast took good care of me and it's a free edition as well. I also zero wipe my drives at times.

Last time I got hit with a virus was that old, "Your PC Is Now Stoned!"

Malware is just an umbrella term that includes viruses, Trojan Horses, etc.

Overwriting your drives isn't really useful unless you are going for encryption.

Back
Top Bottom