Att wifi

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
On att smart phones especially iPhones whenever you are near a att hot spot labeled "att wifi" it auto connects to your att smart phone. Does your phone detect this by the name att wifi as the wifi name and that's why it connects. I hear people scamming people by making a fake wifi hotspot labeled att wifi. So I'm assuming that's how I connects is just by the name att wifi

Give this a read: On iPhone, beware of that AT&T Wi-Fi hot spot - CNET

Looks like if you have attwifi saved as a known network, then yeah the iphone could connect to any of them. You have to be within range of one in order to select the option "Forget this network"

Or, you could just reset all of your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This should wipe out all remembered networks but could also erase some important settings.

Got me thinking.. maybe I should setup an attwifi network and see how many poor saps connect to it.

Last edited:
But it would have to have the wifi name of attwifi to connect to the wifi

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Automatically that is

Anyone can do this to do any wifi network. You could have a home wifi network called "AT&T1234 Wireless" with security and then I could go ahead and make the same network but with no security and you would be able to access it.

So att wifi has to be the name it can't be like att something else and it connect or are they all
Labeled att wifi out of curiosity

Back
Top Bottom