ATI: Cataylst Control Center Issue

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
About 4 months ago my CCC stopped working and I always get the same error at Startup and whenever I try to start the application "Catalyst Control Center Host Application has Stopped Working" I have linked to an image so you can see. I have run Driver Sweeper and cleaned out all display and ATI files and re-installed about 3 times now to see if that would remedy the problem. I have installed with the original disc that came with the card and also the version I was using before I had the issue, as well as the most current version which was released last week. Nothing seems to fix it and I keep getting the error. Any ideas guys?

killthenakedcat

What kind of Error are you getting?

Have you tried running it in Compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3?
Or running it as an adminstrator?

I have understood that you are using Windows 7!
But still, running it as an Adminstrator or running it in compatibility mode OFTEN can fix the Problem.

and that's all the info I get in that picture.

I sincerly apologize but i cannot figure out what you try to say with that sentence? what picture?

I can't even find where to download it! I Have an ATI tv tuner and would like to use the catalyst control center but i'm stuck with windows media center.

Try this...

Completely uninstall your video card drivers and anything ATI related. Turn off the computer and unplug it for a minute or so.

Power back on and press Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialog box, type in regedit.

Click File and then Export and backup your registry.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software and delete the ATI folder.

Now Run CCleaner (Direct Download Link), specifically, the Registry cleaner. No need to create backups at each pass as you have already done so when we ran regedit.

After you completely clean the registry, power down the computer once more.

Next, download the newest CCC from here and install.

**DISCLAIMER**
Modifying the registry can be dangerous and we cannot be held responsible for any damages. If you're weary about following these directions, I can run these through a virtual machine first.

Back
Top Bottom