Arena simulation software: 2D Arrays change to 1D Arrays after running OptQuest

bertm

Beta member
Hi all,

I am working with Arena 14.5 academic license version on a hospital move-case and I experienced an odd problem after running OptQuest. My professor could not identify the problem. That's why I would like to discuss the problem here.

I had variables of 2 dimensions (e.g. with 2 rows and 4 columns) which where displayed accordingly when I clicked on 'Initial values'. In that way it was easy to adapt the data in the variable by simply copy-pasting from an Excel-array with the same dimensions. Now, however, after running OptQuest, Arena seems to have changed a setting. All 2D variables are changed to 1D variables when opening 'Initial values'. The screenshot shows what happened: the black-framed table shows the before and after graphically in Excel, the rest is Arena.
Hence I cannot put in the data correctly anymore from Excel. The odd thing is that Arena still sees it as a 2D variable. It can properly work with the array that is displayed as 1D in the 'Initial values' column, as if it were a 2D array. Also he does not change the values in the 'Row' and 'Column' fields in the 'Variables' spreadsheet. The only thing that happened is that all columns are put one beneath the other in the 'Initial values' tab.

We could indeed easily solve this by making all data as a single column in Excel, but I have a lot of data and this would cost a lot of time.

Is there anyone who has experienced the same problem or knows what is going on? I would be very pleased with any help.

Thanks in advance,

Bert Michiels
Master's student Business Engineering at University of Leuven, Belgium

Attachments

• FastStoneEditor.jpg
    FastStoneEditor.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom