App Content Different when run on Win 7 vs 8.1

frank1492

Beta member
I have an app called "Collectibles Organizer Deluxe" a database program. It resides on a computer using Win 7. When I added new entries, I copy/pasted the entire folder to a thumb drive to use as backup. When I ran the backed up .exe file on the thumb drive, the new records showed up properly. However, when I moved the drive to a Win 8.1 computer, the new records did not appear. I have repeated this process numerous times to no avail.
I am told this could be a virtualization issue and have read the material at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927387. I looked in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore and found a couple of files that seem to belong to this app but don't know what to do beyond this. Do these need to get on the thumb drive, if so, how?
My theory (could be 100% wrong) is that when the app is run from the thumb drive on which the original program resides, the updated virtual store on the c: drive is accessed, but when the thumb drive is moved to the Win 8.1 computer, no updated files are found in the c: drive's virtual store and therefore the new records do not appear.
The problem may have nothing to do with virtualization. Any ideas? If you do I will need a step-by-step method to address the issue.
Thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom