Any Software Developers? Need a favor...

Natortot

Beta member
If you are reading this, thank you, I'm in a minor predicament. I recently was retired from the US Army due to injuries sustained in Afghanistan and as a disabled veteran I have an opportunity to utilize an educational program know as Vocational Rehabilitation (information on VA's website). One of the tasks I must complete to be accepted is to conduct an informational interview with a person that is currently working in my preferred field of study, "Software Developer, System Software". If anyone is willing to help me I would be extremely grateful. You can respond in the thread or by PM and I can either PM their generic list of questions or respond to your email. Now the downside, I will need your Name, Position and Company. I know that is blatantly scary but I am a real person with no ill intentions. I'll even give you MY phone number (Verizon based, Athens, Ohio) and we could talk through said generic, uninformative questions.

SGT Nathan Withem USA Ret.
14S Avenger Crewmember (Team Chief)
May 2005-Oct. 2012
OEF 10-11

Sorry to hear that, and welcome to CF.
what are you trying to achieve, build a basic program using visual basic if so what sort of program where you thinking of building I can give you the code and teach you how to program yes but depends on what level visual basic is a good starting point then move on to c++ or asp.net what sort of things would you like to learn

Kind Regards

Did you read his post at all or just the title? He doesn't need help with anything, he needs someone to interview.

It's an extremely informal interview, just a check-the-block for my VA packet. I personally see it as pointless and more of a frustration. I've cold-called every darned company I could find and got the same answer from them all, "I'm too busy" in a very condescending tone. I do understand people are busy at work and the method in which the VA is expecting me to complete this task is highly intrusive, however, I'm not one for rude. All I can really now do is what I just did here on every IT forum I can find through a web search then hope at least 3 people respond. It's a BS task but I have to do it somehow.

Did you read his post at all or just the title? He doesn't need help with anything, he needs someone to interview.

sorry miss read slighly I will be more careful in reading in future. on another point I will help just let me know what type of questions you want if it is about the topic no problem, if it is personel questions then no but willing to help anyone who needs it

Back
Top Bottom