Any Excel wizards?

ja6on

Daemon Poster
Im using office excel 2003 but i do have 2010 starter.

Im trying to have two excel spreadsheets open at the same time.

so i can copy an paste details from one to the other as i go through my customer list, a sort of list of customers iv done, and list of what needs to be done.

However you can only have one excel displayed at a time, soo i have two books open. But everything i write on book one is also being written to book two, can this be changed to accomplish what i want?

forgot to mention, i want the books separate as each will have a different save.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

also i cant seem to put a phone no in a cell as all uk no. start with a zero an it deletes the zero?

edit, sorted the phone no. issue

Hi,

Try opening two Excel programs.
Sounds like launch Excel 2003, open speadsheet 1, launch Excel 2003 again then open spreadsheet 2.

That should work as it opens 2 Excel instances and NOT 1 instance that loads 2 worksheets.

nope as u can only view one at a time, so both would be open in the taskbar but cant see both at same time.

You certainly can see 2 workbooks open at the same time but you need to resize the Excel windows to be able to do it. Hopefully you have enough screen real estate to do what you want.

They could be displayed one above and one below or side by side.

Last edited:
I'm due for release in 2013, al excel I have a problem. Is there a way to get back to the old look?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean the oversized top menu panel, you could always collapse it. But no, no going back to the old look otherwise.

You certainly can see 2 workbooks open at the same time but you need to resize the Excel windows to be able to do it. Hopefully you have enough screen real estate to do what you want.

They could be displayed one above and one below or side by side.

Aaaahh thanks strollin. get what you mean now. exactly what i was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom