Antivirus Recommendation

Clarence

In Runtime
I know i could just go on the net and research this but i prefer ask you guys here. :lol: I know there are a lot of good antivirus out there, but i need to recommend one for the organisation i work. They currently use Mc Afee but the updating slows down the business process and employees usually complain alot, I've also noticed it slows down memory during usage. They also use sementic endpoint protection on a few of their pcs.

I want to do a seamless anti virus across the entire organisation that will protect against autorun, virus, and probably provide internet security and not take up to much process space while updating. Any recommendations?:)

I actually think that the best antivirus someone could have is Malwarebytes Premium. With it's amazing detection of malware on websites, really good removal and prevention of viruses and malware, and it's very affordable price cost and doesn't slow down the system it's on.

In my time spent with it I would just about recommend it to anyone.

Free: Avast, AVG.
Paid: Eset.
Malware: Malwarebytes (free).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Computer Forums mobile app

Sophos is a good paid one. Kaspersky seems to do a nice job where I would. And if those machines can cope with it then you will be fine.

Mossiac

We had sophos here and it was resource intensive. I didn't like it (but that was a commercial license with a server side and client side).

I would have to agree w/the above and say that AVG or Avast do a very good job for being free software.

When protecting a commercial environment, you don't want to fart around with freebie stuff with next to no support. You want some one on the other end of the phone line who's job it is to support their clients.
I've been using ESET products for several years and I'm very impressed with the products. It uses very little resources and when updating itself, it's when the system has been idle for some time. Real time protection only shows you what you set it to show. Otherwise it quietly runs in the background doing its job. If it finds something or has something to report that's important then it's shows a window and asks you what you want to do. If you set it to run autonomously then it kicks ass and takes names and doesn't bother you.
Endpoint Protection, Business Antivirus, & Authentication Software | ESET Business Solutions

I just use MSE these days. Does the job. I do agree about Zone Alarm though, used to use the firewall for years.

Back
Top Bottom