Anti-virus

Brookfield

Golden Master
When I ran my anti-virus this morning, [AVG] there were over 48,000 scanned objects, taking 35 minutes, [on narrow band, don't want or need broadband] to complete the scan.
How does this compare with other members, remembering that I don't do many d/loads, none of which are music, mine is a very simple system, only one HD etc.
I know how to delete temporary files, would this make a substantial difference if I did this?

Maurice

I use symantec Antivirus. Took me 30 mins. I scanned about 150k miles. Remember I DLed a lot. I also have a lot of programs and log pretty much everything.

Nik00117 said:
I use symantec Antivirus. Took me 30 mins. I scanned about 150k miles. Remember I DLed a lot. I also have a lot of programs and log pretty much everything.

Exactly, Nik, the amount you had scanned is understandable, given your circumstances, but not I think, in my case, It will be interesting to see what others say on this matter,

Thanks, Maurice.

I use AntiVir Xp. Took me under 15 min. Dont know how many files, but about 50GB to give u some kind of idea.

Maurice said:
When I ran my anti-virus this morning, [AVG] there were over 48,000 scanned objects, taking 35 minutes, [on narrow band, don't want or need broadband] to complete the scan.
How does this compare with other members, remembering that I don't do many d/loads, none of which are music, mine is a very simple system, only one HD etc.
I know how to delete temporary files, would this make a substantial difference if I did this?

Maurice

hmmmm *Scratchs head*

Thats strange...kinda like the same with me, but little diffrent... tho
..35 minutes! :eek: ...Unusual...

What about doc's? Do you have many of them? programs...

How about...do you defrag much? or do you do that at all?
That might help?

x.x.x
G.G

Maurice, if u have lot's of .zip or .rar files it will increase the time because it unpacks the files and then scans them, atleast my anti-virus does.
I have none of either, I uninstalled both Winzip & Winrar when I got a new desktop, but thanks anyway.

geek_gal said:
hmmmm *Scratchs head*

Thats strange...kinda like the same with me, but little diffrent... tho
..35 minutes! :eek: ...Unusual...

What about doc's? Do you have many of them? programs...

How about...do you defrag much? or do you do that at all?
That might help?

x.x.x
G.G
Headline; geek gal goes eek!, seriously, as to programmes, my regular engineer saw that I don't have many, when he called recently,.....defrag?, I never have to, I never have less than 75% of free space.

Thanks, Maurice

i have norton...and it usually takes to long for me so i just run it overnight or sumthing...really don't take that long prolly like 30 min...but when im at my computer i like doing things :D but i gotta clean my room now so ill do it and report back :D

Yea all my important stuff happens between the hours of 2:30 AM and 12:00 PM on weekdays when chances are i'm not on the computer. Doing the summer or on vacation I spread it out. I do virus scan one day spyone one day update the next.

Back
Top Bottom