Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to NEED WOW NOW
Default Annoying Vista Glitches

Well, as the title says, I have a number of Windows Vista Glitches which have gotten quite annoying for the past few months. Here's a list of all my Vista Glitches:

-Microsoft Help and Support won't work at all. It doesn't respond and then has to be closed.

-Recently my shortcuts and such have been screwed up. I have about 3 shortcuts that were created by Vista when iTunes was updated and all three don't work. Not only does this happen to iTunes but other programs as well. I often find my self creating a shortcut myself.

-Game's window doesn't want to stay open. In the start menu I click the games menu, the window pops up for about half a second then disappears. Even if I catch the top of the window with my mouse before it disappears, the window just appears blank.

There's more but I can't remember them. If you have any Windows Vista Glitches please post them. Even better if you know how to fix them, please post how.

Here's a new one:

-My Vista performance test no longer works. I can do the test but no scores appear.

AMD is Happy!
Intel is Pissed!
Europe is $1.45 Billion Dollar's Richer!
NEED WOW NOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Annoying Vista Glitches

My only glitch with vista has been on home premium and my theme changed one day to the non-Aero theme. Whether this just happened or the wife was goofing around I will probably never know, but it was an easy fix. I've never had any issues (other than hardware) with my gaming rig running Vista Ultimate x64 though.

xtremezx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: Annoying Vista Glitches

i used to get bsods all the time. formatted. its been fine, then randomly bsodded. now it seems fine again. a few other little problems, but on the whole its finally going ok.
Laptop spec: ASUS X53E, i5 2430m 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, intel hd graphics, usb 3.0
dude_se is offline   Reply With Quote