Annoying problem

Chaosenemy

Baseband Member
Okay, I'm using Vista Home Premium. You know the sound it makes when you connect and disconnect a USB device? "do DO! .... DO do!" It keeps doing that... like every minute or so, it makes the connect sound, then disconnect a few seconds later. The only USB devices I have plugged in are my 360 controller, my mouse, and my speakers. All 3 devices are working constantly so they aren't being disconnected and reconnected. Can someone please tell me what the problem is and how to stop it? It's been doing this for days and its getting on my last nerve! AARGH!

are any of these devices hooked up to a front usb hub? or are they all in the back of the computer. Also when this happens look at the device manager when these sounds keep happening and see if any of your hardware is being effected by this annoying sound.

don't know how you would do it in vista but at least in xp you can go to control panel and change the sound you get when something happens. So find the right thing (probably something like device connected) and change it so that it doesn't play any sound.

try unplugging one device at a time and see if it stops it. Maybe there is a loose wire in one of the plugs or something

don't know how you would do it in vista but at least in xp you can go to control panel and change the sound you get when something happens. So find the right thing (probably something like device connected) and change it so that it doesn't play any sound.
personally i dont think that is very good advice. It doesnt fix anything...there is obviously and issue somewhere and it is better to find the cause of it. If you hear a knocking noise in your car engine you wouldnt just turn the radio up louder so you can't hear it

In the taskbar does it say any of them connected and also you can block the sound in control panel switch to classic view.
And click on windows sounds and volume.
And get rid in there.
:)

Thanks for the help guys, but the problem seems to have mysteriously fixed itself lol. Haven't heard the sound in days now. If it ever comes back, I'll try your guys' suggestions out.

Back
Top Bottom