After you build a PC Which oS can you put?

vaironl

In Runtime
I have always wounder after you build your PC What OS can you install? any or does it have to be Windows?

You can install any OS you want, as long as your system specs are good enough to run it, so it could be windows or a linux distro etc

99% of people install windows, you can install linux but its not that compatable with hardware drivers and software packages.

99% of people install windows, you can install linux but its not that compatable with hardware drivers and software packages.
I run linux on a few systems, never had any issues, what drivers are you referring to? Their wireless drivers have improved alot over the years, as for the software packages, your right in that alot of windows programs wont work, but there are usually good alternatives to these. :)

I run linux on a few systems, never had any issues, what drivers are you referring to? Their wireless drivers have improved alot over the years, as for the software packages, your right in that alot of windows programs wont work, but there are usually good alternatives to these. :)

I had one hell of a time trying to install Nvidia drivers a while back >_>

The latest releases of Ubuntu are really good drivers wise, they've come a long way.. For typical stuff like internet and email, Linux is worth learning IMO.

I had one hell of a time trying to install Nvidia drivers a while back >_>
NVidia drivers are actually (and have been for a long time now) very good. It's the ATI ones you need to watch out for.

Back
Top Bottom