Advantages of having linux?

crazyjoe16

In Runtime
okay i'm really curious.....what's so great about linux? you can't run any good programs on it i don't think.....i could see it maybe having better internet security....but i've like never seen a game or software package for sale that was for linux...

well as for games let see.. all quake 3, ureal tournament cl, 3, 4 all run their servers from linux as well as can be played. medal of honor can be played on linux... most games can be played on linux these days but ya not many make games for it. how they play on linux is a program called winex. what makes it so tempting though is the fact that most of the time the operating system is free. it is widely updated and it has so many diffrent shells. programmers find it alot easier to program for linux then windows simply becouse they can make their programs be so intigrated rather then just sit on the surface. this makes the programs run faster. linux servers just use less resources for their own functions and just allow most of the resources to go to whatever they are running. so yes you wont find many of its applications on a store shelf becouse they are updated too often.

well i was thinking about downloading it......but thanks for the info. if anyone wants to tell more about linux, feel free. i might use it on my 2nd computer.....

Using Linux full-time would require quite a bit of sacrifices. Most of it would be the software compatibility issue. It's getting better and better but it's still no Windows. I had to streamline my gaming habit when i junked Windows. But what u gain are stability, security and speed. It's quite worth it, to me that is.

How can people say Windows is crap and still use it - if its crap they shouldn't be using it.

Nobody should use two Operating Systems claiming one is the best, the other is the worst, but still using both. Use one or the other; otherwise you are whoring yourselves out and you will all burn in Dishonour.

Linux is ALOT more secure and faster like iamroot said and also you can run windows programs on linux (if nesseary) using WINE or again as iamroot said WINEX but i trust linux alot more than windows and linux is'nt out to scam ppl like windows. If you went out and try to buy windows xp is going to cost 100 buck! vs. linux you can get it free! Now i'm no cheat skate or anything ;) but i'd rather have something free than epty my pockets for something thats not nessearly better.

Back
Top Bottom