Adobe Flash Player screwed up Youtube

tharpdevenport

Baseband Member
Okay, so over the passed few months when I had time, I updated the out-of-date Adobe Flash Player on this computer, with no problems at all.

Today I updated to the next version and then Youtube videos won't play; it's nothing but a black screen. So I tried updating another version higher and uninstalling the previous one; same problem with Youtube videos.

So I uninstalled that and went back and installed the version I was at that I had no problems with and I still can't see Youtube videos.

I've cleared the Youtube, Google, and Adbobe cookies with no success. I've restarted twice with no success. I've run Temp File Cleaner and still had no success.

That was all I did, no other hardware/software/or programs or updates.

What now?

Windows Vista
Internet Explorer 7
(so sue me; I think Edge was designed to piss people off on purpose)

Dear ladies and gentlemen, something bothered me about my update: the previous version said ActiveX by it. Out of reasonalbe options, I went back and downloaded it gain, this time choosing the Windows ActiveX version from the zip folder from Adobe.com, and the issue was solved. Youtube videos are now playing again.

Yes, it was not an issue with IE7. The zip folder has a win and a winax Windows Installer Package. Apparently ActiveX made the important difference. I hope this helps somebody in the future!

At least it's not like some sites telling me JAvascript isn't enabled and when IT IS.

Back
Top Bottom