Administrator Help!

solja jay

Beta member
Hi i've been having a problem see i want to download different stuff like my ipod updates, limewire and games. But when it comes time for me to install these a notice comes up saying that in order to install these things i must be logged into administrator. This isn't just my computer but i should have the right to do what i want on it but the guy who setup the computer (my mom's friend) assigned a password to the asministrator. I don't know the password of course but i asked him for it and he said tell him what i want on it and he will install it. I don't want him to know all of my business and check up on my mom and cause confusion. So is there any way that i can istall these? i tried the user account ect and it said the same thing can you please help?? if you want my e-mail is solja_jay@hotmail.com

Whait a second. You are saying you had a guy set up your computer and he assigned his own password as admin for it? If thats the case, tell him to give the admin password to you, and then make your account an administrator and delete his. Because he has no right to have his own account on your computer..

Teencompwiz2 said:
Whait a second. You are saying you had a guy set up your computer and he assigned his own password as admin for it? If thats the case, tell him to give the admin password to you, and then make your account an administrator and delete his. Because he has no right to have his own account on your computer..

perhaps his mother asked for this security measure?
maybe she is worried that if he gets limewire, he might download music and get busted for big ££$$?
ask your mom if you can become the administator, if she says yes do as teencomp said and get the password.
woz

if you boot into safe mode, has he set a password on the admin account there? or just in normal windows?

If just in normal windows, just boot into safe, go into admin account, make a new admin account and delete his.

Back
Top Bottom