Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Administrator Help!

Hi i've been having a problem see i want to download different stuff like my ipod updates, limewire and games. But when it comes time for me to install these a notice comes up saying that in order to install these things i must be logged into administrator. This isn't just my computer but i should have the right to do what i want on it but the guy who setup the computer (my mom's friend) assigned a password to the asministrator. I don't know the password of course but i asked him for it and he said tell him what i want on it and he will install it. I don't want him to know all of my business and check up on my mom and cause confusion. So is there any way that i can istall these? i tried the user account ect and it said the same thing can you please help?? if you want my e-mail is solja_jay@hotmail.com

solja jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^
Default Re: Administrator Help!

Whait a second. You are saying you had a guy set up your computer and he assigned his own password as admin for it? If thats the case, tell him to give the admin password to you, and then make your account an administrator and delete his. Because he has no right to have his own account on your computer..

^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #3
kev
In Runtime

Haha
Sound Card - Creative Labs Audigy 2 Value
Harddrives - Seagate 300GB SATA150 / WD 120gb 3DMark03 Score- 8685 3DMark05 Score - 3392 AquaMark3 Score - 52,275
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teencompwiz2
Whait a second. You are saying you had a guy set up your computer and he assigned his own password as admin for it? If thats the case, tell him to give the admin password to you, and then make your account an administrator and delete his. Because he has no right to have his own account on your computer..
perhaps his mother asked for this security measure?
maybe she is worried that if he gets limewire, he might download music and get busted for big $$?
ask your mom if you can become the administator, if she says yes do as teencomp said and get the password.
woz
Old 02-03-2006, 07:55 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

if you boot into safe mode, has he set a password on the admin account there? or just in normal windows?

If just in normal windows, just boot into safe, go into admin account, make a new admin account and delete his.
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote