Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Ad Aware playing up

3 weeks ago I installed the latest free Ad Aware, as it's a reliable programme I've used for ages. I haven't been online for 2 months and when I got a new computer, and put old data on there using Norton Ghost, I also got broadband set up. I use IE and have Windows XP. Since Ad Aware has been on my new computer, it's changed and I don't quite feel familiar with it. Everytime I try to download something else, Ad Aware keeps popping up, making scans all the time, and interfering with download. I'm not sure why it's doing it or how I can prevent it. Also I cannot find any of the programmes I've attempted to download since Ad Aware pop ups show up. I can't find them and the search doesn't find them either. Is Ad Aware blocking my downloads?

Can someone help please? I disabled Ad Aware now and still NOTHING appears when I try downloading the following programmes : IE updates, Flash update, Firefox and some other internet security programmes. WTF is happening to my computer? I keep attempting to download these things and they never appear on the computer, anywhere, even after I take note of where I save them to. The computer can't find these files when I run a search.
CattyCat is offline   Reply With Quote