Access Denied?

MattStone42

Beta member
I don't know if anyone knows about Maple, but I'm trying to do some homework in said program (version 14), but it won't start. An error message came up saying "Could not create the Java virtual machine. I googled the error message and came upon this FAQ:

Unable to launch Java virtual machine

I followed the instructions, but I was not able to save the launch.ini file. An error message came up saying "Access Denied". I figured this was maybe because I wasn't in Administrator mode. I checked the user I am logged into, and it is the administrator user because it is the only user on this computer. I also checked checked how much control this user has over the specific file, and it says that I have full control. I'm not sure quite what do now. I would very much like to finish my homework.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You might not have been able to save it because those files are usually set to read-only be default. Right-clicking it and going to properties should fix that.

However, Unlike what their info says, I have never seen java set the heap "too high where it refuses to start". For me, the problem is almost always that the heap is too small. Before doing more with that file, I'd grab the latest java installs to see how that helps. If you are running on a 64-bit system, I've had best results installing both the 32 and 64-bit versions of the JRE.

Back
Top Bottom