2 acounts now?

Foxhound888

Solid State Member
ok, so a couple of days ago start my computer and it asks me to log on...ok i set it so i don't have to log on what is up with this, so then i go to the control panel and user acounts and there's another one there, called asp.net Machine A.... limited acount and password protected what is up with this, i'm not sure if this is a security risk or what but it sort of seems odd to me. and no, no one came in my room logged on and made another acount, also for some reason when i want to loggin as a user that acount doesn't show up...
I'm stumped.

the ASP.net account is installed when you install the dot net framework...
it's a system account that has limited priveallages and is used to run dot net applications...

don't delete it, it's doing no harm...

root said:
the ASP.net account is installed when you install the dot net framework...
it's a system account that has limited priveallages and is used to run dot net applications...

don't delete it, it's doing no harm...

He's right. Same thing happened to me when I installed the .net framework. Makes you panic at first but it supposed to be there.
I had to have it to get in to the OEM builders web site at Microsoft.
Without it you can't get in.

Like they said above me..

.NET installs the user.. If you have no programs that use the .NET framework you can safely delete this user.

Re: ASP.net

This account is also created when Windows Updates. It is so the software can install correctly. I would delete it because it will appear again. Just for security though...

thecoolkidontheblock

Back
Top Bottom