1920x1080 not listed in display settings

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
I hooked my Toshiba Satellite M55 up to my LG Flatron E2242 21.5" monitor. It has a native resolution of 1920x1080 but in my Windows XP display settings, it is not listed. But 1920x1440 is listed! And even higher too! I'm connecting through my VGA port. I got 1920x1080 on my other computer through VGA on that one without any issues.

I tried installing my monitor file from the disk but that didn't help.

Please help me, I need to get this to work!

Hi LOLZpersonok

Are you using a GPU or coming off your Motherboard, if GPU (Graphics Card) go in to properties ATI/AMD or nVidia will give you options

Hi LOLZpersonok

Are you using a GPU or coming off your Motherboard, if GPU (Graphics Card) go in to properties ATI/AMD or nVidia will give you options

It's the Intel GMA graphics chipset. So I don't have the ATi/AMD or nVidia menus. I've already tried the built in Intel graphics settings menu and that yielded no results.

Reset the lid closed setting to do nothing. Then close the lid.
On my HP G7 you have to do just that to get to the resolutions the external monitor can handle.

Reset the lid closed setting to do nothing. Then close the lid.
On my HP G7 you have to do just that to get to the resolutions the external monitor can handle.

I tried that and instead of going up to 1600x1200 on the laptop screen, it goes way past that and goes even past 1920x1440. But still, no 1920x1080.

right click on the main desktop, go into proporties, settings, advanced, go into monitor, uncheck hide modes this monitor cannot display, then go to adapter, click list all modes, and find 1920x1080 @ whatever refresh rate supported.

-Had to do this for my Starlogic pos monitor. Doesn't always work in windows 7 though :/

right click on the main desktop, go into proporties, settings, advanced, go into monitor, uncheck hide modes this monitor cannot display, then go to adapter, click list all modes, and find 1920x1080 @ whatever refresh rate supported.

-Had to do this for my Starlogic pos monitor. Doesn't always work in windows 7 though :/

That resolution is not there either.

The fact that Windows doesn't display the resolution at all sounds to me like it has no idea what kind of display is attached.

First, look at the original packaging/manual and verify resolution capabilities. Briefly glance at the Monitor's menu options.

Go to Toshiba's site and download/install the latest Intel GMA package.

The monitor should have also come with a CD. You could try installing any driver content on the CD.

The fact that Windows doesn't display the resolution at all sounds to me like it has no idea what kind of display is attached.

First, look at the original packaging/manual and verify resolution capabilities. Briefly glance at the Monitor's menu options.

Go to Toshiba's site and download/install the latest Intel GMA package.

The monitor should have also come with a CD. You could try installing any driver content on the CD.

The monitor's optimal resolution is 1920x1080. I haven't tried downloading the latest Intel GMA package from Toshiba, but I have already attempted installing the monitor from it's CD, I already said that in the original post. (I think)

Back
Top Bottom