Go Back   Computer Forums > Social Networking | Instant Messaging | Communications
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby
Default Windows Live Messanger Annoyance

Hey people,

Whenever I log on to Windows Live Messanger at a different location to my home computer, it asks me to accept/deny people who I've already chose to accept/deny/delete on the WLM that is on my home computer. It never used to happen with MSN Messanger 7.5 (from what I can remember).

I'm just wondering, has anyone else had this problem? It's quite annoying.

Thanks in advance,

Toby.

Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to reece296 Send a message via Yahoo to reece296
Default Re: Windows Live Messanger Annoyance

It dosn't happen to me. Maybe contact WLM at http://support.live.com and select Windows Live Messenger. They usualy reply within an hour. And they maybe able to fix your problem from their end.

reece296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
Golden Master

You know i've had a similar problem, but I was running GAIM...

Have you ran other programs like trillian or gaim with your account?
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby

Yeah, I used Trillian with my msn account, no errors at all... As far as my contact list goes. But, I tried Miranda IM, and a site that lets you log into msn, and it did the same thing as WLM, adding all my old contacts again.

Maybe I should just go back to MSN 7.5 and see if that fixes it... But if I do that I'll probably get a build up of hotmail contacts (that's one good thing about WLM, it lets you delete people from your msn, and out of your hotmail contacts, through WLM) and I'll have to delete a heap (through hotmail), which when I did it last time, it had hell errors... And it deleted people off of my MSN that I didn't even delete through hotmail.

Another thing it does is, it adds two of the same addresses until the contact accepts me, then I just delete the duplicate addy. This only happens 8 out of 10 times though.

Maybe I'll contact WLM support, when I can be bothered, I'd rather try a reinstall/revert back to msn 7.5 first.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote