Go Back   Computer Forums > Social Networking | Instant Messaging | Communications
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-11-2006, 05:10 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Trilian

This is the easiest answer to all your chat program needs. You can use AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, IRC all under the same program (With multiple logins for any of them). This program does not use nearly as much of your system resources as running all these programs would. Has to be the best, and easiest solution I've ever found!!

Insunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to wolfinstinct Send a message via MSN to wolfinstinct Send a message via Yahoo to wolfinstinct
Default Re: Trilian

Eh, not the best in my opinion. But is probly the easiest. Did you see my miranda post? Miranda, with all the plugins, can talk to anything. Plus because of how I have it set up, it's pretty cool, if you look in my pic of miranda.
The main reson I didn't use trillian is because you have to pay for the pro version if you want to use plugins, and I need to have a Jabber plugin so I can talk to Google Talk.

Another one to look into is GAIM, although I havn't used it.

wolfinstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

I used trillian for a long time while I was eradicating my icq list, and convincing friends to switch to yahoo and msn if they wanted to speak to me, I always found it would cause problems with yahoo and show me ghosting, and not save my offlines that sort of thing

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:06 AM   #4
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to SLIPKNOTN21 Send a message via MSN to SLIPKNOTN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstinct
Eh, not the best in my opinion. But is probly the easiest. Did you see my miranda post? Miranda, with all the plugins, can talk to anything. Plus because of how I have it set up, it's pretty cool, if you look in my pic of miranda.
The main reson I didn't use trillian is because you have to pay for the pro version if you want to use plugins, and I need to have a Jabber plugin so I can talk to Google Talk.

Another one to look into is GAIM, although I havn't used it.
i use gaim and i love it i hate regular aim but i cant say that ive tried trillian
SLIPKNOTN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:47 AM   #5
In Runtime

I use this program. I agree. It is easy to use, but it isn't the best. It doesn't update msn as ofen as it should.
VirtualDrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
Solid State Member

I used it, but you have to be carfull. AIM saw I was using it, for about a year, and they syspended my really popular accounts. I havent used it since. When I try to contact them, they ignore me. I remember seeing an article in PCWorld mag about how aim doesnt like when their users use trillian, because those users dont see the ads on aim, so they dont make as much money. I am not the only one I know of that this has happend to either.
Crath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #7
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to SLIPKNOTN21 Send a message via MSN to SLIPKNOTN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crath
I used it, but you have to be carfull. AIM saw I was using it, for about a year, and they syspended my really popular accounts. I havent used it since. When I try to contact them, they ignore me. I remember seeing an article in PCWorld mag about how aim doesnt like when their users use trillian, because those users dont see the ads on aim, so they dont make as much money. I am not the only one I know of that this has happend to either.
woah stupid aim
SLIPKNOTN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #8
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIPKNOTN21
woah stupid aim
Well, you do kinda have to see their side of it also. But still, give people warnings, not ban's.

Crath is offline   Reply With Quote