Go Back   Computer Forums > Social Networking | Instant Messaging | Communications
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
BSOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 226
Question Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

Could you tell what`s better to use Skype or Yahoo Messanger? Please, let me know advantages and disadvantages. Thanks in advance!
__________________

Bill55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #2
BSOD
 
BiWsong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 269
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

Personally I use Skype. I think it has more useful options.
__________________

BiWsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
BSOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 81
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

Yahoo Messenger:
Advantages:
Can speak to people on msn and on yahoo.
Can use it in your email aswell.
Disadvantages:
Not all features are available ie.pictures,colour font's etc.
Can't view a webcam.
Skype:
Advantages:
You can speak to people in diffrent countries.
You can use it as an instant messenger.
Disadvantages:
Can not think of any.
So i think Skype is better.
Mooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Daemon Poster
 
ilovepcs25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 995
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooky View Post
Yahoo Messenger:
Advantages:
Can speak to people on msn and on yahoo.
Can use it in your email aswell.
Disadvantages:
Not all features are available ie.pictures,colour font's etc.
Can't view a webcam.
Skype:
Advantages:
You can speak to people in diffrent countries.
You can use it as an instant messenger.
Disadvantages:
Can not think of any.
So i think Skype is better.
ive used yahoo messenger with my webcam and ive seen another friends webcam ie showing theirs aswell as mine so not sure why you said you cant use webcams with it because i know that you can cos ive done it.
ilovepcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #5
BSOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 81
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepcs25 View Post
ive used yahoo messenger with my webcam and ive seen another friends webcam ie showing theirs aswell as mine so not sure why you said you cant use webcams with it because i know that you can cos ive done it.
I could not before i used Msn Messenger.
I might of had an old version.
Mooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
Daemon Poster
 
ilovepcs25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 995
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

yeah possibly
ilovepcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
BSOD
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 81
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

Just checked i was using Yahoo Messenger Version 6.0.
Mooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #8
Beta Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

skype gives better audio quality
chenzq666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #9
In Runtime
 
Fabric1601's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 186
Send a message via ICQ to Fabric1601
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

Well i'm using Skype since 2001 and ICQ since 1997 and i honestly cannot tell which one is better but i think skype, just because it is getting one of the most famous chat softs, and more and more ppl are starting to use it so i guess - SKYPE!!!
__________________
http://www.yoursecurityforums.com
Fabric1601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #10
j03
~~~~~~~~
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 5,556
Send a message via MSN to j03
Default Re: Skype or Yahoo Messanger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric1601 View Post
Well i'm using Skype since 2001 and ICQ since 1997 and i honestly cannot tell which one is better but i think skype, just because it is getting one of the most famous chat softs, and more and more ppl are starting to use it so i guess - SKYPE!!!
How have you been using skype since 2001? It was released in August 2003..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype
__________________

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0