Problem with Aim and Widows Media Center

Robbie2006

Baseband Member
Ok so I have a Dell xps 400 with a tv tuner and media center. I have a satelite reciever hooked up to it with s video and it works fine. But the problem is if I run aim before I run live tv with media center the live tv says error restart media center. But say i start my computer up turn live tv and then log onto aim it works fine, but if i exit out and try to watch live tv again it doesnt work. Is there any way i can fix this because it is rather annoying to have to restart my computer to watch live tv.

A problem with AOL??? whAATTT??? haha jk, do a little trouble shooting, i know for a fact that tv tuners themselves are very very touchy, just because it is such a hardware orientated technology, but try some things, watch what aim and your tv tuner does in the windows task manager when you do what you do. And one more thing, try trillian, its another messenger service that can host aim, windows messenger, yahoo messenger, or any other messenger you could want to use, at least try it to see if its aol's software or the actual connection.

EDIT: BTw, all the messengers that you host, are all in the same window with trillian, no seperate interfaces!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom