New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats because they are making tons of cash making people pay hundreds and thousands of dollars for programs which can be obtained for a low price or even free (ms office/staroffice) which they then pump into MSN. In any case, MSN is making a loss.

iamroot said:
Thats because they are making tons of cash making people pay hundreds and thousands of dollars for programs which can be obtained for a low price or even free (ms office/staroffice) which they then pump into MSN. In any case, MSN is making a loss.
Star Office - lets not mince Words here - is an impotent hare compared to the Stallion that is Office (Yep, I don't need to say Microsoft Office because you automatically know I'm saying it because it is the Original and most loved one).

MSN is making a loss; it was never meant to make a profit. It is a service from Microsoft which it gives to you free of charge - a HUGE selection of Online Portals of everything you could ever need. This is a service no other Software Company offers you - because they all want the money for themselves.

David Lindon said:
Yahoo dropped Googles listing from their results!

:bump:

Yeah Yahoo and Google have been duking it out. Yahoo claims that google stole some of their stuff and sued them.

Today Goodle settled with them giving them millions of dollars worth of google shares.

It looks like Google is guilty.

I personally hate using yahoo as a search engine nothing to do with the listings but because google loads faster, not that i am too bothered about speed as i am on a 1mb boradband connection.

Reasons why I HATE msn:

1. Search engine isn't understandable and gives you stupid results.
2. Checking my 2.5meg hotmail account for emails (compared to my huge 100meg yahoo - both free) I recieved the message "Server to Busy, Try again later" - OH MY GOD! Microsoft can't even run servers to support all their free email address users!!
3. It's microsoft, they have enough money already and if they're not doing a good job they can go try and dominate another part of the market.
4. Crap headline stories alot follow the lines of propaganda.

Propaganda is fed only to the Sheep - are you a Sheep ComputerFreak? :D

MSN is new, vibrant, cool - sure it doesn't have payless Bot driven Search results yet but it will have. Its basically Yahoo at the moment but soon MSN will release their own Search Engine and power its results by site searching Bots. Hence giving Google-like Non-Advertised Results.

And - 2.5 Megs is all you'll ever want anyway; you should keep your account clean.

It's definately a matter of opinion. Thats why theres choice. I still think the "Server Busy" message is outrageous. This is Microsoft we are talking about, don't they have enough money/resources for decent servers? Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom