Go Back   Computer Forums > Social Networking | Instant Messaging | Communications
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Xiggy Send a message via MSN to Xiggy
Default msn messenger and windows messenger beta freeze...only trillian works!>@#>~>@#~#~3.~@

ok guys i use msn messenger as my main messaging program and i use it for maybe 3 or more ours everyday...now one day when i was using msn 7.5 it logged me out and said there was an error and asked if i wanted to send it to msn or not...i declined...so then i tried to log in and it froze everytime i logged in...so i got rid of it and went back to using trillian which works great..now i also use aim and it has never stopped working for me and neither has trillian...now then i saw the new windows messenger beta so i donwloaded it..it worked great for a long time then it did the exact thing that msn did that one day...so then i had to delete it and go back to using trillian which works great but i would rather be using msn messenger or windows beta...can u guys plz help me...i also have virus and spyware protection and my computer is clean...plz help thx!

Xiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby
Default Re: msn messenger and windows messenger beta freeze...only trillian works!>@#>~>@#~#~3.~@

Have you tried cleaning your registry of any msn/windows messanger files and then reinstalling msn messanger?

Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to X1337 Send a message via MSN to X1337
Default Re: msn messenger and windows messenger beta freeze...only trillian works!>@#>~>@#~#~

hey when Msn dont work.. you know the little find the hammer comes in handy
X1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Default Re: msn messenger and windows messenger beta freeze...only trillian works!>@#>~>@#~#~3.~@

find the hammer??..also nice penguin...how do i clean my registry of the windows/msn messenger??? thx
Old 06-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
Golden Master

Try another Instant Messenging program if nothing else works, like Trillian or something. It works with MSN Yahoo etc. etc.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

just remove any msn messenger related files and folders in program files (after you uninstall). as for cleaning the registry im no good with that but google around for free registry cleaners. you could also use regeit (type that in the run command).
Old 06-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

oh thx guys...um im using trillian right now but i want msn back...so i upen up run/cmd then type in regeit?

and ill google a registry cleaner..thx guys!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

yea thats it. that will give you regedit. just look for any messenger related stuff in there. its worth a try, just be careful. the registry cleaner will remove other crap aswell which will be good
Old 06-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #9
Golden Master

Default Re: msn messenger and windows messenger beta freeze...only trillian works!>@#>~>@#~#~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiggy
oh thx guys...um im using trillian right now but i want msn back...so i upen up run/cmd then type in regeit?

and ill google a registry cleaner..thx guys!
A little offtopic thing: Have you tried out the Windows Live Messenger yet?
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

yeh thats what i by windows messenger...i meant the live one..it works great and u can use pics etc.. thats y i want it back soo badly..and ill try regedit because i already tried a registry cleaner and all it would let me do was degfragment ill tell ya how it goes