Google Plus is retiring

petershene

Baseband Member
So google had announced a leak of 500000 users data from google plus due to a bug , seems common these days. Among all online platforms. Googles reactions to shut down google plus. I know google plus isnt major, there are however few users that use it effectively.

What puzzling me is they made google plus the backbone for many of their google products and also the developer api's I wonder whats going to happen to all of that.

If it weren't for this data leak im sure they were going to re purpose or shut it down anyway as fail.

I feel bad for the people users who actually made communities or run communities on google plus.

I was one of the first beta (i guess you call it) users of Google Plus, way before everyone's gramma and spammers adopted it. And, then I left for a long time and only got interested more recently after I found out they were about to go extinct. Sweet irony :/

Lol. That is what many users have told me. I actually discovered the reason they are dropping it. They are planning to take GMB and map listing more to a social media platform community type thing. You will notice in gmb they now have services, posts , messaging and many new features thats just screaming social media to me. I think this is a move on googles part to rive Facebook recommendations

Google is far from the true social networks, I think your incursion is a little better today than before, but Facebook and Instagram have a very advanced path

Back
Top Bottom