Gmail suite company email

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
A lot of companies use gmail as their business email and purchase slots for as how many accounts they can add. One of my coworkers used that company email to set up a chrome person profile and saved websites and bookmarks, passwords, and etc to that profile. He quit and a new employee took his spot and they removed his email and kept the same spot and replaced it with the new employees email but just changed the email name to make it the new employees name. Can that new employee log in with his email and password to the chrome profile and retain all the old employees information that he saved for work purposes. Or since the email is a different name would it not show the same profile as the old employees. I don't know if they removed his account or just changed email name. When you type the old email in it shows account has been deleted. I just didn't know since it was the same slot if you were just using the same email just a different name.

I use gmail for a small business and if the admin is doing things right they should have deleted the old account and created a new one. It's possible to rename accounts but generally you wouldn't do that.

Plus if Google is telling you the account was deleted, that's most likely the case.

For some reason there is a file in google drive labeled under his email and it was dated around the day the new employees email was created. That's what made me think they changed emails name. But maybe they had to do that to reuse the position. To not take up more space. I'm not aware how it works.

GSuite is a per-user licensed service. The correct way to handle this would be to disable or delete the outgoing user's account, and create a new user in the the admin console (admin.google.com) for the new user.

If your admin simply went into user management, changed the name and email address on the outgoing person's account - when the new person logs in they will have access to anything the outgoing user left behind - as Chrome, bookmarks, gmail, YouTube etc are all linked to whatever google account is signed into, it's all unified.

Back
Top Bottom