Go Back   Computer Forums > Social Networking | Instant Messaging | Communications
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default Facebook Marketing Help! :)

Ok, I know this is a super broad topic but I would like to learn more about Facebook marketing and advertising on it. I know Facebook is the hot way to market today.

Now before you all see google it, I know that there are millions of websites that claim to teach how to do it, but I know that a lot of the are scammy type websites, false information or just plain out of date. I would like to know the following:

1. What are some good places or websites to learn the basics of facebook marketing and advertising

and

2. Do any of you have any experience with FB marketing? What are your best tips and tricks?

I am doing this for a local music store and would like to increase foot traffic in the store / get the name out there.

Thanks a lot for your help!

niceties55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Facebook Marketing Help! :)

For a local business, just starting a page and asking your friends and colleagues to share and like it would probably be more effective than paying for ad space.

offer periodic sales or specials via the page, and promote the page IRL via business cards and flyers as well.

Setup an Instragram, too. Post pictures of products, or do facebook contests. "Win a $100 gift card when you tag a photo of your instrument with #nicetiesmusicstore!"

Just a suggestion though I'm no exert. Most sites that claim to teach online marketing, SEO, etc are all scams in my experience.

crazyman143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:49 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

I think your assumption that facebook is the hot way to market today is inaccurate. I think a lot of businesses thought it would help but soon find out it isn't very good as a market versus places like Amazon and Ebay, etc. I think the sales made through facebook are extremely minimal at best and non existent in many cases.
How did you do your research as to the numbers of sales generated by facebook pages?
Technician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
Beta Member

B2B FB is very poor
turtleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
Beta Member

FB is one of many strands of online marketing and is great when used with other social media to direct traffic to a website
tassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:01 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

lol cute, but not worthwhile

Technician is offline   Reply With Quote