Aim

If you had MSn it would be easy enough! Easiest if you ask me would be to go to a proper ISP and get a proper Instant Messenger!

Lord Kalthorn said:
If you had MSn it would be easy enough! Easiest if you ask me would be to go to a proper ISP and get a proper Instant Messenger!

... You can get AIM without having AOL ...

What the devil! It has been unleased on the world?!!!! Run in fear!

Wow, thats disgusting! I can't believe they have done that - Yahoo is bad enough and i-Chat (or whatever terrible i-Name Mac have given it) is just terrible - but to unlease AIM onto a poor unsuspecting world is just not right.

I had tried a 3 month free trial of AOL - remember that it was free - and after, and I kid you not 3 days I cancelled the blasted thing and unistalled it before going back to Freeserve at £9 a month (before I got Broadband)! I could not do anything I was used to doing on the internet!

Lord Kalthorn said:
What the devil! It has been unleased on the world?!!!! Run in fear!

Wow, thats disgusting! I can't believe they have done that - Yahoo is bad enough and i-Chat (or whatever terrible i-Name Mac have given it) is just terrible - but to unlease AIM onto a poor unsuspecting world is just not right.

I had tried a 3 month free trial of AOL - remember that it was free - and after, and I kid you not 3 days I cancelled the blasted thing and unistalled it before going back to Freeserve at £9 a month (before I got Broadband)! I could not do anything I was used to doing on the internet!

The AOL Instant Messenger isn't that bad actually. I use it, and haven't had any trouble with it. You honestly think I would use AOL as an ISP!? Granted, it shoves a bit of advertising gumph on your box, but it is merely shortcuts to "Try AOL for free" etc. That only takes one or two minutes to get rid of.

Well, yeah, and I didn't really think you were stupid enough to have AOL ISP - I was just making a generalisation.

No; just the idea of having to write and @aol.com e-mail address is crazy. Personally I'm a bit crazy person - I don't even like having an @hotmail.com e-mail. I feel bad if I'm not using an @msn.com and i'd much prefer an @Microsoft.com e-mail address!

Back
Top Bottom