Zune, Xbox 360, or New Monitor??

borat_sagdiyev said:
480p is enhanced definition :)
meh. :p still looks better than 480i..

Regardless, the answer is....
NO! your xbox360 wont turn into a raisin and light on fire just because YOU, thats right, YOU used a SD TV!!...you can breathe now. :p

Anyway, I just remember at the last xbox lan party I was at.. I brought my TV (a Mitsubishi manufactured in 1988!)
Some guy hooked his 360 up to it and played gears of war... and man... it looked amazing even for the low res... I would buy a HDTV... but only if it was practical.

My friend got a 32" HDTV for $500 on black friday.. lucky guy.. such a nice TV.
Does 720p and 1080i.

borat_sagdiyev said:
720 is not HD. 1080 is :)
borat_sagdiyev said:
but 1080i/p is nicer to look at :) and you are 100% assured that it is natural high definition. even my 20" lcd tv has support for 1080i

WTF?! Both 720 and 1080 are High-Definition. There is no such thing is "true HD." High-Def is High-Def, the only difference being that 1080 is a higher resolution. Try not to fall for PS3's "True HD" hype crap. :rolleyes:

PCNoob said:
Do you think me not having a HDTV will affect the graphics much?

Depends on the games. Some like Gears of War look insanely awesome on both SD and HD, but some games like Rainbow Six Vegas and Ridge Racer 7 look like utter crap on SD, but on HD they looks insanely glorious.

borat_sagdiyev said:
well they dont broadcast anything on tv in 720p yet so yea.....

but 480p looks only good on a regular tv :)

does broadcast imply over air...or cable because if you are implying cable that is untrue...very few if anythings are "broadcast" in 1080p...
which will be the new standard of HD soon

I watched the eagles game in HD on saturday night...damn does it make games better!
even though WE lost :-(

Haha, no offense, but it's actually nice seeing the New Orleans Saints win. It's a good economy stimulator and it just gives everyone hope after a grim year and a half.

Back
Top Bottom