Yushchenko wins Ukrainean election

Giancarlo

Banned
Now I thought this would be an interesting thread to open.. it shows the challenges some former Soviet bloc nations are facing. Ukraine had to do a re-run of an election because the previous count was marred with fraud. There were two major candidates... Viktor Yanukovich and Yushchenko... Yanukovich represented the Kuchma regime and the old order of corruption, and Yuschenko represents the open market, closer ties to the west and more prosperity. Yushchenko won with 52% of the vote, while Yanukovich won 44%. This appears to be a great day for an emerging democracy!

Well there is a reason the Solviet Union broke up...... But now Putin is rolling back on a lot of democratic ideas after when happened in September (with the massacre of children), and that really kind of sucks.

But yeah, pro-democracy is good, I'm glad he won.

I can never tell the difference in those names at a quick glance. Good outcome though.

rakedog said:
Well there is a reason the Solviet Union broke up...... But now Putin is rolling back on a lot of democratic ideas after when happened in September (with the massacre of children), and that really kind of sucks.

But yeah, pro-democracy is good, I'm glad he won.

Umm, i will give you the benifit of the doubt and take the kind of sucks thing in reference to the Islamic terrosts slaughtering of innocent women and children. As opposed to you using it in reference of Prime Minister Putin now becoming more conservative.

Back
Top Bottom