Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 878
Default Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

I was just doing alot of reading on wiki and other sites like I usually do and entered a particular politician's name into Youtube's search engine after hearing about his unfortunate suicide and was surprised to find the video.

I won't provide a link or mention his name here because it's pretty graphic violence. It was uploaded on the 25th last month and it's been flagged for shocking content so it hasn't exactly snuck in under their radar temporarily (like some porn clips have before) but that doesn't stop the thousands of kids that provided false birthdates when they registered like I did, from seeing it.

The disturbing fact is the amount of people referring to it as comedy and in some way a funny video because alot of children were snowed in on the day it happened and it was actually a live broadcast, for all to see. Yet, some people think it's hilarious.

I've read so many things that it makes me think twice about having a family in the future, I'm so disappointed with everything I find outside of the information that the mainstream media proliferates our society with, I feel many upcoming changes in the future that I wouldn't want to bring children into this world if they're going to feel depressed as I am.

Those old enough might remember what happened, it was 1987.

Is that really legal for Youtube to host that?
__________________

Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
Bahawolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,604
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

I know who your talking about.. I've seen it.

I don't know if their supposed to host it or not, but what becomes tricky about it is.. it was shown on live television, by accident.
__________________

Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

Simply said, in todays messed up world anything to do with killing people is fine. Shooting people is appropriate for kids. Whereas the gift that makes us able to survive as a species (sex) is apparently totally inappropriate.

We can largely thank the religious right for this, with their constant oppression of sexual freedom.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 878
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahawolf View Post
What becomes tricky about it is... it was shown on live television, by accident.
yeah that is true but you would have thought the camera-man would have the intelligence to realize what was about to happen and turn the camera away to save all those kids the visual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
Simply said, in todays messed up world anything to do with killing people is fine. Shooting people is appropriate for kids. Whereas the gift that makes us able to survive as a species (sex) is apparently totally inappropriate.

We can largely thank the religious right for this, with their constant oppression of sexual freedom.
Agreed 100%.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
Bahawolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,604
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
yeah that is true but you would have thought the camera-man would have the intelligence to realize what was about to happen and turn the camera away to save all those kids the visual.
Yup, I agree.

I've had a similar discussion with my fiance' recently regarding the status of todays media. Most horror movies now a days are getting a little to detailed for me to watch, and quite honestly, generally lack the sense of any theme or purpose. It generally comes down to senseless killing, with rather disturbing detail of the actual killings, to often in my opinion.

In the United States at least, its become a common trait that people love to watch these movies. But why? Does it scare them, or is it just the passion that some people have to see people dead or being killed? Clearly its both, but I've been disturbed by the amount of people who do like seeing brutal killings and or the results of such. Even more disturbing, the amount of people able to make jokes about these killings afterwards or during, is sick.

Being that my fiance' is Vietnamese, shes grown up with the ability to watch more movies than I have, from Asian origin. For example, "The Eye" was originally a movie made in Asia, but it was remade here in America. Differences do exist.

Several other big names such as, The Ring, Dark Water,The Grudge, One Missed Call, The Departed were remade in the US, after being available in Asia.

Personally I feel Asian films capture the theme better than America's version where its often mass killing, blood, gore, and no good story line to even justify it.
Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 878
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

yeah I don't watch too many movies but I've seen The Grudge and The Ring and knew they were originally asian and it's a pretty good watch. Then I've seen all kinds of crap from the US usually set in remote areas with older teens being targeted by some evil character or entity, there's too many of those to name. I think some violence is tolerable because the essence of drama is conflict but it can get ridiculous.

I guess I'd sound a little hypocritical because I play violent games like most dudes my age do but that's like Counter Strike & Call of Duty 4, it's realistic and it can be justified, although again it's still about being entertained by death. I just kinda see gaming as a sport you know.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
D-Lew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,793
Send a message via AIM to D-Lew
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

I know what you're talking about.

Have you heard the song "Hey Man Nice Shot" by Filter? Yeah.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
Bahawolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,604
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
yeah I don't watch too many movies but I've seen The Grudge and The Ring and knew they were originally asian and it's a pretty good watch. Then I've seen all kinds of crap from the US usually set in remote areas with older teens being targeted by some evil character or entity, there's too many of those to name. I think some violence is tolerable because the essence of drama is conflict but it can get ridiculous.

I guess I'd sound a little hypocritical because I play violent games like most dudes my age do but that's like Counter Strike & Call of Duty 4, it's realistic and it can be justified, although again it's still about being entertained by death. I just kinda see gaming as a sport you know.
But in video games, its not that detailed either..
They die, and you go to the next "enemy".

GTA kind of makes comedy out of it to (Grand Theft Auto) because its so rediculous..

But, these movies love to be as graphic as possible, and thats what some people enjoy. For example, The Hitcher..
If you've seen it.. the scene where her boyfriend is torn between two trucks and you see his expression, the skin rip, ect..

And movies where people are MALICIOUSLY stabbed over and over and over.. or shredded, or anything..

Its disgusting.
Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #9
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 878
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lew View Post
I know what you're talking about.

Have you heard the song "Hey Man Nice Shot" by Filter? Yeah.
I actually hadn't but looked it up on Youtube, not a bad song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahawolf View Post
For example, The Hitcher..
If you've seen it.. the scene where her boyfriend is torn between two trucks and you see his expression, the skin rip, ect..

And movies where people are MALICIOUSLY stabbed over and over and over.. or shredded, or anything..

Its disgusting.
I haven't seen it but it's produced by Michael Bay's production company Platinum Dunes that also produced The Texas Chainsaw Massacre so I can see where you're coming from.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
ghostFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,186
Default Re: Youtube censors all nudity yet tolerates a graphic suicide video?

oops
__________________

__________________
dude_56013: "Find something you love...and never work a day in your life"


David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0