Youtube adpocalypse

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
Not sure if this is allowed on this forum, feel free to delete it it isn't.

Youtube has gone downhill for a lot of content creators because of the adpocalypse.
It's hurting a lot of our favorite creators. Specially more "controversial" channels that covers things such as politics, religion, satire, swords and firearms.
Also movies, shortfilms, gaming and animation (if it's not child friendly).

One of my favorite youtuber Joerg Sprave (2 million subs channel) is trying to but together a youtube union.
He is a youtuber that is very well known in the sword community (which i happen to spend a good amount of my youtube watching on).
He is trying to put some pressure on youtube. The video will explain it all.

2 big youtubers in the sword community that are likely gonna join is Skallagrim and ZombieGoBoom.
Which means even more members from their subscribers are gonna join.
If we can get some of the big firearms channels on his side, that will really make this explode.

We are only 6 hours in (video has only been up for 2 hours) and we are already 750 strong.
If you enjoy any of the above subjects on youtube, maybe give Joerg a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7RfYt_p2mk

Last edited:
I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed, but, I do disagree with the premise, and some statements in the video.
Generally I find the whole thing both stupid and at times comes accross as arrogant.

He says that he helped build you tube! and he keeps coming back to this, keeps saying how he helped build youtube...
But... well... lets put it this way.
he joined you tube in 2009, years AFTER youtube had grown enough for a $1.6Bn google buy out.

Don't misunderstand me, his channel is awesome, but, No, he didn't help build you tube, he gave a few people (myself included) a few laughs by dicking about in the woods with a slingshot.

You tube haven't blacklisted people sling shotting knives through watermelons in the woods for "fun", it's not personal, they are not targetting him.
They are blacklisting those videos that advertisers don't want to be seen to be endorsing.
A lot of huge companies, don't want their adverts being played, implying support for videos with weapons in them. or to be seen to be endorsing anything that shows people doing stuff where they may be hurt etc...

The point here is that, if you tube do not moderate the videos that they put adverts onto, then advertisers will not put adverts on you tube... then it's not just his channel that won't get money, it'll be ALL channels, as with no "advertiser friendly" content, there is no "advertiser money"

he claims "they" use his content to "lure" people to you tube, but then goes on to say that he's not in features or trending. - so how exactly are youtube "using" his video to lure people in?

Don't misunderstand, his channel is fun, his videos make me laugh, and I really do understand that he's had a pretty cool ride for a few years getting paid to mess about on a camera, and it kind of sucks to loose that easy ride...
The thing is, most of these people who are making loads of money on you tube are not just getting ad revenue, they are getting sponsored by square space or audible, they have T shirt stores, they do featured content using patreon, they have multiple streams of business.

I get what you are saying. But replace "I" and "Me" with "we" and "us"
Because that's really what it's about and that is ofcause what he is talking about, but he can only speak from his own experience.
And it is true. He is a VERY small part, but a part non the less, in making youtube a great platform.

What he said about youtube featuring videos, is that if the video is demonetized it will not be suggested to people who might wanna see it based on that users interest. Therefore screwing with the creators and users.

I am not an expert on youtube, but half of the youtubers i watch have complained about not getting paid properly (if at all) for more than a year now.
If it wasn't for users willing to donate money on patreon, we would have lost a lot of big creators.... actually i believe we already have.
No time for a "real" job, family life AND youtube.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Btw. We are 4000 strong already. :thumb:

Last edited:
Just like with just about all YouTube videos I've ever seen, I got totally bored with his video about 25% thru and didn't watch the rest of it. If YouTube went away tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it as most of the stuff on it is pure drivel.

Okey. So you aren't one of those we need for this movement.
That's fine. We need some people who aren't so boring as you are anyway.

We need people who will take action, who raise attention. That's how we win this.
I, as a user, are tired of being begged for money by the content creators we watch because they aren't paid enough to keep their channel going.
Youtubers should be paid their worth. That's what we are fighting for.

Youtube are giving in too easily by big companies because of "controversial" topics, even though they have no issues putting their commercials on other real catastrophic events or other braking news.

Double standards. That's what it is. Old outdated commercial people are not understanding the new world.
And youtube aren't defending it. They should.
If not, it's just yet again a bunch of "YES People" at the meeting, agreeing with the highest bidder.

Last edited:
Why do you need a 20 min video to explain what could be said in 3 lines? Boy I hate rants so much...

YouTube has too many ads, and too many crappy channels making money from ridiculous content. I hope YT keeps the new policy.

Okey. So you aren't one of those we need for this movement.
That's fine. We need some people who aren't so boring as you are anyway. ...
I'm boring because I find most of the drivel on YouTube boring? Hah! I love it! Maybe I'm not so easily amused as minions such as yourself.

I feel you are fighting for idiots you don't know so that they can keep making money by posting unoriginal content on YouTube.

It's literally all YouTube is right now. The same goes for the Play Store. Filled with morons who make an app exactly like the other 50000 apps and games that already exist, but with a different GUI and make a load of money off ads and purchases. Search for "idle" and you'll see what I'm talking about. The idiocy of this century evidenced in a single page. Here you go: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Idle

Some other marvelous examples:

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=review&sm=3
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=prank&sm=3
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=you won't believe&sm=3
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=tutorial&sm=1
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=top 10&sm=3

Open all those links and your IQ will drop 25 points. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Why the hell would I want to support those lazy, imbecilic leeches? I hate them.

Back
Top Bottom