Your TV Streaming Device

Here we use satellite dishes for TV streaming and the receivers we get Weird brand names I doubt will sound familiar to you. I don't even know the name of the device we're using at home, but it is a satellite TV receiver with HD channel support and it has a card slot for subscription. It's for the family anyway, I don't watch TV now.

We have subscription satellite TV too. It is available through cable too but the there is no cable network in my state.

I did try Chromecast but it was absolute rubbish quality wise. I bought an Amazon fire stick that I cracked to take Kodi to stream pirated content, (not pirated by me,) which was brilliant but the authorities over here are starting to crack down on that so that has gone. I refuse to pay for Sky to watch the very very few pay to view programs that I want to watch bearing in mind that the rest of Sky's content consists of American crap and repeats. So now I have set up my network so that everything is on it, including my smart television and my satellite box. If I want to watch something special it can be found somewhere on the web and I just use my computer to stream whatever I want to my tele via my network. Probably still illegal but not really traceable like a cracked fire stick. As I say there is actually very very little that I want to watch on television these days so I don't stream very often.

The thing i didn't like about satellite is they called the internet "high Speed" was lucky to see 1 mb up and 4-5 down. That is not high speed!! The hd tv was great, but Cable has come a long way since the last time i got it back in the mid 90's. I am happy with the HD programming and the real "High Speed" internet! Sorry to say but i think that sat tv and internet could be on its way out. Cable is cheaper and gives better service. I am paying almost half for the same services and i get more from the cable service! Just my two cents. Wd65

I wasn't suggesting I used satellite for my broadband. Whilst some over here do use satellite for broadband it is stupidly expensive and very slow.At the moment I am using the slowest, and cheapest, fibre to the cabinet. My download is 30 odd and my upload is around 10. this adequate for me. If we ever get fibre to the premises over here I might pay more for that. Cable is only in some large towns/cities and as I am rural there isn't much chance of me getting cable.

Thats sucks. Even back in West Virginia we had cable in the "Boonies" I am about 40 miles from Austin, Texas but even with that we have really good cable. Our internet is 100+ down and around 35 up. From what i have heard that is low for big citys. Don't know, i would never live in the citys.

I use qloud to transcode and then push my torrents from my pc to a chromecast when i'm not directly in front of my computer. it's actually not bad. the screen mirroring from my android phone is useful for showing everyone things on my phone, like when the family is trying to pick a movie to see at the theater.

Back
Top Bottom