Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Your Religious Views

Hey Guys,

I'm very curious about peoples religion on this forum.
Please share, your thought and views.

*Note I understand that religion is a sensitive subject therefore I would ask that everyone be respectful of other peoples views and beliefs. Please feel free to ask questions about someone's religion but never go as far to question their religion . . . . if you don't understand the difference between the two you are probably not mature enough to participate in this thread.

Personally I am an atheist or absolutely nothing depending on what way you want to look at it.

I believe in the big bang, the process of evolution and we are where we are.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Your Religious Views

Catholic....but believe in big bang and evolution. Gives me a headache really, to try to sort out my beliefs and the contradictions I sometimes encounter in my head. I struggle sometimes because I pray every night, but then I sit and church and think this is crazy. When my son was born last 2 months ago, I was walking through the hospital and saw their chapel and I had a sudden urge to go thank God for blessing me so much and actually cried while I was there and yet I still believe in evolution and the big bang and all that....and then I turn around and co-chair our Church Festival...like I said my thought and beliefs are pretty confusing.

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
MMM
Daemon Poster

Religion we must have to give some purpose for life otherwise anarchy will take over.
This is the only purpose/reason I believe religion exists.

Personally I do not believe in Religion or God so live your life to the fullest, you only live once.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

Not that I'm in the business of nit-picking (much . . . ) but you say you don't believe in religion or god, whilst you are perfectly entitled to your opinion about god, you cannot deny the existence of religion . . . . . .

I do think it's interesting as I do class myself very much as an atheist but like many people there have been times in my life, very desperate times where I have resorted to prayer?

Probably not prayer in the usual term but a desperate look within and a cry of "Please if there is a god . . . . ."

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Solid State Member

I am saved to the uttermost!
flashtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtee View Post
I am saved to the uttermost!
Oh, so you pray to the cows?

Get it....UTTERmost...Utter>Udder...like a cow...get it...oh nevermind..
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Solid State Member

At least give me a chance to respond before you "oh nevermind" me.

Are you my wife???

And BTW.. I thought that was pretty funny too.
flashtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Wizard of Wires

Religion is a personal choice. You make your decision as to whether or not to participate and what you believe in. If you choose to not believe then that is your choice.
You are free to follow what you want and not beholding to any one.

"I am not in this world to live up to your expectations nor are you here to live up to mine. You do your thing and I'll do mine."
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

Live and let live.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Note I understand that religion is a sensitive subject therefore I would ask that everyone be respectful of other peoples views and beliefs. Please feel free to ask questions about someone's religion but never go as far to question their religion . . . . if you don't understand the difference between the two you are probably not mature enough to participate in this thread.
I'm pretty sure we've had these threads before, they always start like this and end up going out on wild debates and tangents. I'm fine with that - I wouldn't have my beliefs if I didn't feel I could defend them, and I'm happy to delete any posts which cross the line - but bear in mind what you may be starting!

Quote:
I believe in the big bang, the process of evolution and we are where we are.
Me too - but I'm a Christian Personally I just don't see this struggle and incompatibility people claim with Christianity (or religion in general) and scientific progression, and I think some Christians do a great disservice to themselves and others by approaching things this way.

I could (and have in the past) write pages on why my faith is where it is, but suffice to say this is my standpoint!